For more than three decades the Sassmannshaus Tradition has been the household name for excellence in beginner string methods in German-speaking countries. More than half a million students have successfully learned to play string instruments using these publications.
The appearance of the four Violin books in 2008 in a fully adapted English version has been a big success. On the back of this success story Bärenreiter now publishes the four books for Cello in a newly adapted version for today's English speaking children.
What makes this cello method so unique?
- The leading German cello method now available in English
- Large print notes and texts as well as many colourful illustrations are ideal for pre-school as well as school children
- Note reading is emphasised from the first lesson, encouraging ensemble playing from the very beginning
- Songs and scales in different positions are easily mastered within the first year of playing to ensure children are not confined to first position playing
- Advanced cello techniques such as varied bow strokes and shifting are introduced in a basic form
Volume 4 of Early Start on the Cello
is devoted almost exclusively to playing in positions. This volume is also designed as a duet book to be used in conjunction with other works.
No Video found
Sassmannshaus B, Early Start on the Cello - Vol 4