The PRO-1 Classic is modeled after the world’s top classical guitars and features the same tonewoods used to make the best classical instruments. Classical guitars are renown for offering players incredible tone. And the PRO-1 Classic's balanced sound and PRO features makes it easy for a new player to discover their unique “voice" on guitar. The PRO-1 Classic has a Select Cedar top with beautiful 4-layer Black and Ivory binding and features all of the PRO Collection's breakthrough innovations. Epiphone, one of the world’s oldest and most respected guitar makers, has just made playing and learning guitar easy for everyone.
Designed by Professionals to be EASY to PLAY!
Creating a truly easy-to-play guitar wasn’t easy. And at Epiphone, we take making a great guitar seriously, no matter what the player’s level. So, Epiphone rethought the guitar from top to bottom to make an instrument that anyone can play right away. The result is a truly “PRO” guitar that’s easy to play, easy to own, and most importantly, delivers the full, vibrant sound that Epiphone is known for. The PRO-1 Classic is the result of exhaustive analysis, numerous technological innovations, and suggestions from a “who’s who” of professional players. And now it’s time to play!
EASY TO PLAY FEATURES
The PRO-1 Ultra acoustic/electric guitar has all of the PRO-1 Collection’s innovative easy-to-play features:
- Less fatigue. Wrap your hand around the PRO-1 Ultra neck and you’ll immediately feel how comfortable it is. Our new EZ-Profile™ neck is designed so your hand can easily form chords without feeling fatigued.
- Effortless Fretting. Epiphone JumboPRO™ frets make fretting notes and chords seem effortless. JumboPRO™ frets are taller and wider than smaller frets. So, when you push down a string, it’s easier to make string contact with the fret with less hand fatigue and finger friction.
- Shorter is Easier. Scale length is the distance from the saddle to the nut. The shorter the scale length, the “looser” the strings feel. Because the PRO-1’s scale length is almost 1” shorter than most acoustic guitars, the strings are under less tension so you don’t have to press hard to get good tone. And – since the frets are closer together-- making chords is easier!
- Make friction fiction. String and fingerboard friction not only slows your playing but also can hurt. Our PRO-Ease™ string and fingerboard coating provides sleek, smooth action with reduced string noise.
- No pain, no gain? Nonsense—Epiphone believes in “no pain.” Lighter gauge strings are easier to play so every PRO-1 is set-up and equipped with Epiphone Ultra-Light strings.
- Easy action. With Epiphone’s Dual-Action truss rod, you can adjust the neck in both directions, which not only stabilizes the neck but also makes set-up easier and more precise.
||Select Cedar; Custom PRO-Prietary™ Bracing
||Select Mahogany; Reduced body depth; 4/4 size
||Mahogany; EZ-Profile™ “D” Shape neck
||Rosewood; PRO-Ease™ Lubricant
||Sloped Dovewing with historic “Epiphone” metal badge
||16:1 ratio Epiphone "Deluxe" Classical
||Epiphone Ultra-Light Classical (28-42)
||Body Top - 4-Layer; Ivory/Black
Body Back – 1-Layer; Ivory
Fingerboard – 1-Layer; Ivory